About 8 Panel Mikasa:
* Official ball of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games
* Embossed leather bladder with only 8 panels
* Advanced aerodynamic engineering
* Dimple-surface technology for increased grip
* Reduced rebound and impact
* FIVB official game ball
Tested and ready for high-performance quality in the Olympic arena, the Mikasa MVA200.
2008 Olympic Volleyball is the official ball of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing.
This leather MVA volleyball was tested by Mikasa Corporation in cooperation with leading national volleyball teams throughout the world. The following are key features resulting from these tests:
* Balls fly with greater stability due to dimple surface and reduced panels (8)
* Increased grip due to new dimple-technology cover material
* Increased visibility of the ball due to new panel shape/design
* Reduced rebound allows for increased controllability
* Reduced impact-power results in increased softness
Overall, this volleyball's advanced aerodynamic engineering is designed to give you better stability and control.
It's officially approved by the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB). When you use the Mikasa MVA200, you can be sure you're using the right game ball because Olympic athletes are competing with it, too.
Before there were cross-trainers, instant replays, or endorsement deals, Mikasa Sports was creating and perfecting the most important part of the game: the ball. It all started in Hiroshima, Japan, over 89 years ago.Mikasa set the standard before there was one, and never lost the thing that makes all sports great: passion! In 1973, Mikasa arrived in California to set up headquarters where it could better satisfy the demand of North American athletes.Mikasa understands the passion and inspiration it takes to be an athlete, no matter what level. It feels the same way about its athletic game balls. Mikasa puts that same passion and inspiration, coupled with the best technology, into every ball it makes. The balls roll off the production line as close to perfection as possible. It's the only way it knows how to make a ball. Mikasa. It all starts with the ball.